"Thank You" is an easier phrase to say at this time of year, when the entire U.S. turns its attention to the Thanksgiving holiday. It's a special time of the year where people gather, and irrespective of beliefs and values, it's an opportunity to say thank you and tap into those feelings of gratefulness.
Whether the day is spent working, or being with family, having a friends-giving, or even being on your own, there is an opportunity to whisper or shout (if you feel so inclined!) the words "Thank You". To feel that gratefulness for whatever it is - family, friends, a day off work, a day at work, the food, the cooking, the craziness, the fun, the quieter cities, the busy travel schedules, the emotions - all of it. Whatever the circumstances are, the chance to say "Thank You" can ignite feelings of strength, power, and delight.
This Thanksgiving, we wanted to take a moment to say "Thank You" and share with you what we are thankful for at Norsu Haus. When we started Norsu Haus we didn't know where it was going to take us, or if our idea would fly. Well, here we are, just over 2 years later and we are thankful for more than we could've imagined, and the unordered list just keeps getting longer:
- Having co-founded a business from the ground up. Along the way with a few (big) pivots, our mission continues to be to help deliver authentic and meaningful connections and is at the core of what we do.
- Being friends and business partners
- The opportunities that come our way, because Norsu Haus exists
- Our client's trust in us to bring beauty and joy to the important people in their lives
- Having an amazing support system that fuels everything we do - our loving family and friends; our expanding team of stylists, designers and partners; our advisors, mentors and supporters who cheer us and give us that boost of encouragement when we need it most.
- Our business and personal growth physically, mentality, and spiritually
- The sleepless nights (whether to tend to kids or because ideas come to us at the strangest times - or both!)
- The sleep (because we believe in taking care of ourselves)
- Finding balance (we first had to experience no balance to start to find the balance. Still working on this!)
- Finding boundaries and accepting them (because without boundaries we would burn out)
- Recognizing and accepting we can't do it all
- Learned, and still learning, to ask for help
- Learned, and still learning, to face our fears and get comfortable with just not knowing
- Learned, and still learning, to trust in where our path takes us
- Learned, and still learning, to let go of control
- The books that have crossed our paths that we've read and listened to
- The conferences, summits, podcasts and people we've encountered
- The lessons we've learned, and those we no longer need to repeat again - thank you!
- The things we've said hello to and welcomed in
- The things we've let go and said goodbye to and wished well
- The vast experience we have had as a result of all of this
Today is a really good day! A really good day to say thank you for it all, the highs and the lows, because through it all we have made a difference to the world, to ourselves, and we have grown at every stage. Thank you for lending your time and being a part of the journey.